What type of tissue is contracting?
What type of tissue is contracting?
Muscle tissue is composed of cells that have the special ability to shorten or contract in order to produce movement of the body parts. The tissue is highly cellular and is well supplied with blood vessels.
Which of the following tissues is specialized for contraction and motion?
Chapter 3.2: Tissues
|What are the four major types of tissues?||epithelial, connective, muscle, and nervous|
|This type of tissue covers and protects body surfaces.||Epithelial|
|This type of tissue is specialized for contraction.||Muscle|
|The major function of this tissue is the generation of complex messages.||Nervous|
What tissue has cells that are capable of contraction?
Muscle tissue is characterized by properties that allow movement. Muscle cells are excitable; they respond to a stimulus. They are contractile, meaning they can shorten and generate a pulling force.
What are 3 types of muscular tissue?
There are about 600 muscles in the human body. The three main types of muscle include skeletal, smooth and cardiac.
What can a muscle tissue do that the other tissues Cannot?
Muscles are organs composed mainly of muscle cells, which are also called muscle fibers. Each muscle fiber is a very long, thin cell that can do something no other cell can do. It can contract, or shorten. Muscle contractions are responsible for virtually all the movements of the body, both inside and out.
What are the four main tissue types found in the human body?
There are 4 basic types of tissue: connective tissue, epithelial tissue, muscle tissue, and nervous tissue. Connective tissue supports other tissues and binds them together (bone, blood, and lymph tissues). Epithelial tissue provides a covering (skin, the linings of the various passages inside the body).
Where is muscular tissue found in the body?
Muscle tissue is also found inside of the heart, digestive organs, and blood vessels. In these organs, muscles serve to move substances throughout the body.
What are the three types of muscular tissue?
- There are about 600 muscles in the human body.
- The three main types of muscle include skeletal, smooth and cardiac.
- The brain, nerves and skeletal muscles work together to cause movement – this is collectively known as the neuromuscular system.
Which is type of muscle is specialized for contraction?
Skeletal muscle b. Cardiac muscle d. Both “a” and “b” 5. What type of muscle is specialized for contraction? a. Skeletal muscle b. Cardiac muscle d. Both “a” and “b” 6. What is released at a synapse? a. Motor unit b. Motor neuron d. Neuromuscular spindle e. Neurotransmitter 7. Which fiber type is more resistant to fatigue? a. Red fibers b.
What is the outer connective tissue covering of a muscle?
1. What is the outer connective tissue covering of a muscle? a. Epimysium b. Sarcoplasm d. Sarcolemma e. Endomysium 2. What is myosin? a. Muscle fibers b. Myofibrils d. Myofilament e. Muscle cell 3. Where is cardiac muscle found? a. Myofilaments b. Myosin d. Myofibrils e. Myocardium 4. What type of muscle has visible cross striations? a.
What kind of muscle has visible cross striations?
Sarcoplasm d. Sarcolemma e. Endomysium 2. What is myosin? a. Muscle fibers b. Myofibrils d. Myofilament e. Muscle cell 3. Where is cardiac muscle found? a. Myofilaments b. Myosin d. Myofibrils e. Myocardium 4. What type of muscle has visible cross striations? a. Skeletal muscle b. Cardiac muscle d. Both “a” and “b” 5.
What is a tissue that specializes in contraction?
The type of muscle tissue that specializes in contraction or shortening is cardiac smooth and striated.
Which tissue is made up of cells that can contract and relax?
muscle tissue. This type of tissue is made of cells that can contract and relax to produce movement. connective tissue. This type of tissue joins, supports, protects, insulates, nourishes, and cushions organs.
What is tissue type functions in contraction?
– Voluntary or skeletal muscular tissue helps in the movement of various body parts, to perform functions such as running, jumping, writing etc. – Involuntary muscular tissue helps in the contraction and relaxation of organs, thus helping in breathing, digestion, etc. – Cardiac muscular tissue helps in the contraction and expansion of the heart, thus helping in pumping blood to the entire body.
Which type of tissue is responsible for the most secretions?
Epithelial cells are fairly diverse and are responsible for many functions, including protection, secretion, certain types of absorption, and for some types of sensory input. The most familiar type of epithelial tissue is made up of a special type of epithelial cell and is called the epidermis, or the skin.