The task of the introduction is to interest the reader. Don’t be afraid to be sincere. The works of those who are truly passionate differ from formal, boring works. A good way to get attention is to start with some unexpected fact or event that has made a big impression on you. A little skill of the narrator (and once you have undertaken to write a work, then you certainly have it or will appear over time) – and the reader is already intrigued.
It is best to adhere to the generally accepted form of the report on the studies performed. At the top of the title page indicates the organization, circle, school, etc., where engaged (studying) the author of the work. In the upper third of the sheet is written the full name of the theme of the observations. Below is information about the author (surname, name, age of the performer or class of his training at the time of submission of the work to the head or its submission to any competition). Be sure to specify the name and patronymic of the head of work (if any). In the middle of the lower part of the sheet are the year of the report, which should not be confused with the year of observations, they may not coincide.
Rules of writing a research work
- Place and time of the study. In this section you need to provide details with the geographical location of the territory: to name the administrative region and the area in which your research took place, specify the natural zone (subzone) in which they are located, give a description of the landscapes and the main biotopes of the area, specify the timing of the work.
- The purpose and objectives of the study. In this section it is necessary to formulate the main idea of the work, its purpose. It often happens that the brief formulation of the purpose of the study to some extent coincides with the title of the work.
- When the strategic goal is defined, it is necessary to develop research tactics, identify the questions that need to be answered and formulate them in the form of specific tasks. Solving specific tasks in the course of work will allow you to achieve the desired result — the purpose of the study.
Many students experience difficulties while writing their research paper. Use our purchase research papers for help.
- Material and methods. Describe the method by which the work was carried out, that is, how were the answers to the questions formulated in the objectives of the study and what material you were able to get.
- Discussion of results. This is the main part of the work, which sets out the collected material, its analysis is carried out, a comparative characteristic of the data obtained is given, graphs, tables, charts, etc. in this Case, the graphic material is necessarily commented, and the logical conclusions are argued. Illustrative material is divided into two groups: figures (diagrams, diagrams, graphs, etc.) and tables. Figures and tables are numbered separately. Illustrations are placed in the text near the place of their first mention.
- Summary. They contain a summary of the main results of the work arising from the material given in the previous section. Conclusions should correspond to the stated purpose of the study and objectives. In fact, the conclusions are the answers to the questions of the research tasks. As a rule, the conclusions quantitatively coincide with the tasks set in the study, there may be several more of them, but it is not necessary to artificially increase this section with a large number of small conclusions
- Applications. This section contains large tables, graphs, figures and other graphic materials, which for one reason or another are inconvenient to place in the text of the main section. All of them, no matter in which section of the work they are assigned a serial number.
- Literature. Keep in mind that the object of your observations is unlikely to come into the field of view of the naturalist for the first time. It would be nice to get acquainted with the articles and books available on this issue and Supplement the report with a comparison of their observations with literary data.
If you feel some difficulties in writing a research paper, our writers and editors are always ready to help.