When should you seek medical attention for mold exposure?

When should you seek medical attention for mold exposure?

When to seek medical help If you or your child display symptoms of mold exposure, see your doctor. Allergic reactions to mold may clear up with over-the-counter medications, such as antihistamines. If your allergies persist, you should also see your doctor. Asthmatic symptoms require immediate medical attention.

What happens if you eat toxic black mold?

Mold can produce toxic chemicals called mycotoxins. These can cause disease and even death, depending on the amount consumed, the length of exposure and the age and health of the individual ( 11 ). Acute toxicity includes gastrointestinal symptoms like vomiting and diarrhea, as well as acute liver disease.

Can you die from mold allergy?

Exposure to mold, via skin contact, ingestion, or inhalation, can result in allergic reactions, infections, or toxic (poisonous) effects. The associated symptoms range from a rash and cold and flu-like effects to neurological damage and even death.

What happens if you drink black mold?

But luckily, swallowing a few sips or bites of a moldy item typically isn’t a big deal thanks to stomach acid, which is strong enough to kill most pathogens. Some may notice transient GI upset – nausea, cramping, and diarrhea – but most who’ve imbibed a moldy mélange will notice nothing.

What are the symptoms of black mold poisoning?

Black Mold poisoning can cause only one to two symptoms in some people and many more in other people. When you breath in these toxic spores, you may experience respiratory symptoms such as congestion, coughing, increased mucous production and shortness of breath.

Can a person with allergies be exposed to mold?

People with allergies may be more sensitive to mold than others. If they come into contact with mold, they may experience symptoms, such as: Severe mold allergies cause more severe symptoms, including shortness of breath. Mold exposure may also worsen asthma or lung problems in people with preexisting lung conditions.

Is it normal to have black mold in your home?

And again, there are over 100,000 mold species, making it unlikely what’s in your home is Stachybotrys chartarum. Further, mycotoxins can be produced by other types of molds besides Stachybotrys and these molds are not always black.

What should you not eat if you have mold in your system?

Eating mold may often result in vomiting. It can be prevented by having water, sports drinks, or broths. You should avoid having juices and soft drinks. It is a good idea to eat light and bland foods, such as plain bread or some crackers.

When to talk to a doctor about black mold?

If you suspect that you have symptoms of black mold exposure, then it is important to talk with a doctor as soon as possible in order to prevent serious health problems. The dangers of black mold should not be taken lightly, because they can cause both short-term and long-term health conditions.

Can a person be allergic to black mold?

Allergic reactions can sometimes manifest as a skin problem. Mold exposure can lead to: These skin issues are often direct results of an allergic reaction to black mold exposure. 9. Itchy Eyes, Nose, and Throat

What to do if you have black mold in Your House?

Eliminate Black Mold to Regain and Maintain Health. If you’ve been exposed to black mold regularly, the chances are high that you’re dealing with one or more of these symptoms. Illness from mold should be addressed immediately and professionally to limit further exposure to dangerous mycotoxins.

Is it possible to avoid exposure to mold?

It is impossible to avoid exposure to mold — the spores are almost everywhere around us. In high amounts or in people with allergies, exposure to any mold may cause allergy symptoms. In people